Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Ness of Brodgar Archeology Award


I've written about the Ness of Brodgar dig (on the Orkney Mainland) several times here (in 2009 and 2010).  Well on Saturday the Orkney Research Centre for Archaeology (ORCA) received an award at the British Museum as the Ness of Brodgar project was named "Research Project of the Year 2011"! The dig will be starting up again in the summer and it will be exciting to see what new finds emerge.

More info on archaeological digs in Orkney can be found here

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very exciting, and extremely interesting. By the way, I think that your cat is very sweet. I enjoy your blog, which I just recently discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie - welcome to my blog. I do hope you drop by again!

    ReplyDelete