Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Thursday 18 August 2011

Evening sunshine.....again....



This was the view from my "back door" the other night, a beautiful soft reflective light. I love evenings like this!  We've had a period of fairly settled weather of recent days, but of course it is now midge time!  Evil little blighters that bite wherever they can find access!

Here's a link to a YouTube video taken on the small island of Egilsay (one of the Orkney Islands) of some swallows over a pool catching midges.  I have plenty of swallows here AND midges - they need to eat faster!!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog and admiring your pictures. This story made me smile, Thanks! Good luck ducking and diving away from the midgets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CC - LOL! The swallows were on my roof today having a good feast!

    ReplyDelete