Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Thursday 27 October 2011

Calmer waters...


Yesterday we had some respite from the gales. I took the photo above on my trip to the pier to collect the messages (groceries). It's from Graemsay towards the island of Hoy. I love the way the light is monochrome. The wee croft outlined in the picture is Clett.

And here is one of my neighbour's Shetland ponies - also enjoying some respite from the gales!


Meanwhile at the pier, it's cargo day with a tractor ready to offload/onload! This photo was taken from near the Lighthouse, hence the odd angle!


5 comments:

  1. Glad the wind has dropped for you, Sian. Still and misty here today - very autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's still looks pretty bleak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perpetua - Hope you are enjoying your sojourn North?

    Harriet - Yes I suppose it does. But I actually love the bleakness too after the softness of summer.

    CP - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sian. It was dry but VERY windy when we arrived yesterday, but it's sunny and much quieter today and I've even manage to get some washing out on the line. :-) With this scenery enjoyment is guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete