Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Thursday 18 July 2013

Ness of Brodgar Dig....



I interrupt my holiday ramble to bring you news of the latest archaeological dig at the Ness of Brodgar!  The dig diary is updated daily and available here

Already some interesting things have been uncovered and it's only day 3.

Also here is a great timelapse film of the two days of uncovering of the dig (it's backfilled each year to protect it). This film was made by Mark Jenkins, a filmaker living in Stromness.

And for a reminder from last year about the Ness of Brodgar excavations here is a previous post.

All very exciting!



2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing this years' discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The diary is updated daily (I must remember to keep checking!!).

    ReplyDelete